APPLY NOW to work with me! https://brookethomas321708.typeform.com/to/cHCppKqW
Join Brooke’s mental wellness team: myamareglobal.com/10039/en-US/
Follow Brooke on Social Media
Most of us understand the how-to of things like budgeting and setting aside emergency savings. But knowing WHAT to do doesn’t matter much if we don’t CHANGE our behavior. Listen in as Rachel Cruze explains how an understanding of WHY you handle money the way you do can help you build a better financial future!
- What inspired you to write Know Yourself, Know Your Money?
- Can you explain what the different types of money classrooms are and how they impact us?
- How does an understanding of the money classrooms help us create a sound financial future?
- You say there are seven major money tendencies. Can you give a few examples and explain why they matter?
- How do you suggest couples handle it when they’re wired differently around money?
- How do we change our mindset around money from scarcity to abundance?
- What advice do you have for someone who has trouble saving money?
- What is your honest take on tithing? When would you recommend giving beyond that?
- What is the best money advice you ever got from your dad, personal finance icon Dave Ramsey?
In this episode, you will learn about…
- Developing the self-awareness to understand WHY you handle money the way you do
- How our childhood experience influences the way we approach personal finance
- Rachel’s challenge to parents to talk about money—even when it’s awkward and difficult
- How naming your partner’s money tendencies gives you a level of empathy and appreciation for where they’re coming from
- The relationship between dreaming and our ability to save money
- Rachel’s insight on making budgeting a priority
- How Rachel’s faith informs the way she thinks about giving and why she sees it as a very serious responsibility
- Why it’s okay to have nice stuff as long as you don’t let your nice stuff have you
It’s one thing to understand the how-to of money. Most of us get the basics of budgeting and the importance of emergency savings, for example.
But knowing WHAT to do doesn’t matter much if we don’t alter our behavior.
So, what’s the secret to changing our money habits for the better? How can understanding WHY we handle money the way we do help us build a better financial future?
Rachel Cruze is the bestselling author and personal finance expert behind The Rachel Cruze Show. She has appeared on Good Morning America, The TODAY Show and LIVE with Kelly and Ryan, among many other national media outlets. Rachel has a heart for helping people win with money at any stage in their life, and her latest book is called Know Yourself, Know Your Money: Discover WHY You Handle Money the Way You Do and WHAT to Do About It!
On this episode of The Live Out Loud Show, Rachel joins Brooke to explain what inspired her to write Know Yourself, Know Your Money, describing how we can use self-awareness as a tool to improve our money habits. She offers advice for couples who are wired differently around money and shares her take on the relationship between dreaming and saving. Listen in to understand how Rachel’s faith informs the way she thinks about giving and learn what YOU can do to create a sound financial future!
Connect with Rachel Cruze
Rachel on Facebook
Rachel on Instagram
Know Yourself, Know Your Money by Rachel Cruze
Christine Caine on The Live Out Loud Show EP038