APPLY NOW to work with me! https://brookethomas321708.typeform.com/to/cHCppKqW
Join Brooke’s mental wellness team: myamareglobal.com/10039/en-US/
Follow Brooke on Social Media
2020 has been a year of transition for most of us. We’ve had to let go of some things, and now we’re making decisions about what to grab onto next. Listen in as Elyse Murphy offers insight on recognizing God’s voice as you navigate the messy transition from one season to the next.
- When you’re navigating the transition from one season to the next, how do you manage the in-between?
- How do you really know when you’re hearing from God?
- We know that trusting in the journey requires vulnerability. So, what would you suggest people do to get more comfortable with being vulnerable? What is your advice to someone whose vulnerability has been used as a weapon against them?
- In a blog post on Propel Women, you say, ‘So what do we do when our heart is just as broken, our storm is just as scary, and our situation is just as messy as the person standing in front of us asking for prayer?’ Can you speak to that?
- Can you tell us more about LightWorkers?
- You host the show On a Lighter Note with Elyse Murphy. Would you share one or two of the interviews you were most moved by recently?
In this episode, you will learn about…
- How God spoke to Elyse through the story of Gideon and inspired her to take her ministry in a new direction
- The uncomfortable stretch we feel when we’re making a God move in our lives
- How to practice vulnerability with people you know are safe
- Elyse’s insight on using our mess to preach the message of Jesus
- The LightWorkers’ mission around spreading the light and inspiring others to bring out the love in the world
- How to look at our relationships as an assignment from God
2020 has been a year of transition for most of us.
We’ve had to let go of some things, and now we’re making decisions about what to grab onto next.
So, how do you navigate the messy transition from one season to the next?
Elyse Murphy is the writer, pastor and international speaker behind On a Lighter Note with Elyse Murphy, the LightWorkers interview show designed to offer inspiration, encouragement and tips on how to make the best of every day despite these challenging times. Elyse also serves as the Executive Director at Oasis Church LA, driven by the desire to minister to others with her honest message of hope and grace founded in Jesus Christ.
On this episode of The Live Out Loud Show, Elyse joins Brooke to share her own journey through the messy middle as she expands her ministry beyond the church and into the media. She offers insight on how to know when you’re hearing from God and why we should use our MESS to preach the MESSAGE of Jesus. Listen in for Elyse’s advice on practicing vulnerability with people you know are safe and get inspired to use your light to illuminate others and bring out the love in the world!
Connect with Elyse Murphy
Elyse on Instagram
On a Lighter Note with Elyse Murphy
LightWorkers on Instagram
Elyse’s Interview with Betheny Frankel
Elyse’s Blog on Propel Women
Confessions of a Church Kid: Honest Thoughts on Finding God and Becoming Myself by Elyse Murphy
Elyse’s Interview with Angela Manuel-Davis
Elyse’s Interview with Christine Caine