Enroll in The Live Out Loud Ignite Membership bit.ly/LOLignite
APPLY NOW to work with me! https://brookethomas321708.typeform.com/to/cHCppKqW thefaithfreebie.com
Make an Impact & Donate to Love Out Loud Today! www.loveoutloudgiving.org
Join Brooke’s mental wellness team: myamareglobal.com/10039/en-US/
Follow Brooke on Social Media
What do you do when fear starts to take over? Do you panic? Shrink back? Hide? Or cry? What if you could learn to kick fear in the face? Listen in as Thea Wood discusses her new book, Kick Fear in the Face: Everything You Want Is on the Other Side of Fear.
- ‘Kick fear in the face’ is a true personal mantra for you. Why did you find yourself needing to put this phrase on repeat in your own life?
- You made the decision to partner with the Holy Spirit and take responsibility for your vision. How did that change things for you?
- A lot of times, people don’t really understand that what they’re doing or what they’re saying is really out of fear. What are some of the signs that maybe fear is at work in how you are living?
- Your book, Kick Fear in the Face, keeps getting delayed by the publisher, so you decided to put it out yourself. Tell me a little bit more about that moment when you were like, ‘No, I’m done.’
- You say that fear thrives in silence. So, the more in secret you keep your fears, the bigger and worse they become. Do you think that’s because we add shame to the equation when we don’t talk about it? Or do you think it’s because of the negative spiral of self-talk that gets fired up when we keep it a secret?
- Let’s talk about limiting beliefs. How do you tell people to take their thoughts captive, so they can overcome any obstacle?
- You say that our place of pain can become our power to reign. Can you just go deeper into that?
In this episode, you’ll learn about…
- [0:32] What makes fear the #1 killer of dreams
- [1:53] The moment Thea decided to ‘kick fear in the face’
- [4:29] How clarity around her calling inspires Thea to overcome obstacles
- [8:14] Identifying when fear is at work and moving through it
- [13:40] What makes Kick Fear in the Face is a movement for families
- [18:10] How Thea is leaning on her tribe to bring her vision to life
- [26:48] The narrative of not-enough that kept Tia in a corner before she embraced her identity as a fear kicker
- [31:52] How Thea uses the Bible and journaling to build a relationship with the Lord
- [36:58] Asking God for a revelation through Scripture
- [41:53] Thea’s advice on asking your kids what they need from you
- [43:59] How the decision to focus on blessings gives us authority
- [48:03] Brooke’s prayer that Kick Fear in the Face will become a global movement
What do you do when fear starts to take over in any area of your life?
Do you panic? Do you shrink back? Do you hide? Or do you cry?
What if you could learn to kick fear in the face?
Thea Wood is the serial entrepreneur behind Kick Fear in the Face, a movement that shows people how to move from fear to faith, confidence to action and use their God-given talents in marriage, parenting and business.
Thea is also the cofounder of Valor Global Online and author of the new release Kick Fear in the Face: Everything You Want Is on the Other Side of Fear.
On this episode of The Live Out Loud Show, Thea joins Brooke to discuss how ‘kick fear in the face’ became her personal mantra, challenging us to identify when fear is at work in our lives — and move through the resistance.
Thea explains why fear thrives in silence and shares the narrative of not-enough that kept her in a corner before she embraced her identity as a fear kicker, way maker, chain breaker and world changer.
Listen in to understand the superpower of focusing on blessings and learn how you and your family can join Thea’s movement to kick fear in the face!
Connect with Thea
Kick Fear in the Face: Everything You Want Is on the Other Side of Fear by Thea Wood
Kick Fear in the Face on Instagram
Kick Fear in the Face on Facebook
Kick Fear in the Face on YouTube
The Live Out Loud Experience Live Event
The Bible App
The Jesus Bible
The Message Bible
The Passion Translation
Joyce Meyer’s The Everyday Life Bible